Sunday, June 28, 2009

Yard Sale-ing

Yesterday my older daughter and I went yard sale-ing. She recently discovered "Steampunk Jewelry" and wanted to try creating her own. We were in search old jewelry pieces and old watches. Unfortunately none were found.

.... BUT....

I have been wanting to take an old standard brass chandelier and turn it into a beautiful "Shabby Chic" chandelier. One of the later sales we went to had a very plain chandelier for $5. While that was a good price, I was able to walk away with the piece for $2.50. It was a hot day, and only getting hotter. The seller was ready to end her sale. Lucky for me!

The last sale we went to also had an old standard chandelier. This seller was more than ready to be done. She was announcing to her customers to make her an offer and she will accept it. I took that chandelier home for $2.

I am ready to start cleaning, then creating. I plan on posting pics soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment